Mon, 11 Sept|
5 Day Yoga, Meditation, Walks, Mandala Drawing Workshop, Personalised Sound Healing & more in Cumbria.
Get ready to face the forthcoming winter months. Welcome to our sanctuary where you can take care of yourself whilst we look after you. Be number one in your own life !
Time & Location
11 Sept, 16:00 – 15 Sept, 10:30
Cautley, Cautley, Sedbergh LA10 5LZ, UK
About the Event
This retreat is all about you !
Treat yourself or someone you love to 5 days/ 4 nights in a nurturing environment among a very small group of like minded people - 8 guests maximum.
Step away from the noise and stress of your everyday life.
We have created a perfect sanctuary where you will be able to switch off and look after yourself whilst we look after you.
As days get shorter and winter is approaching, Cumbria is the perfect setting to relax, nourish, energise & restore yourself.
Making you stronger to face the forthcoming winter months.
This retreat is all about you and aiming to feed body and soul....
You will enjoy:
- 2 daily sessions of yoga, breath work and meditation to help you quieten the mind.
- Beautiful walks to explore the stunning Cumbrian countryside on our doorstep that will allow you to reconnect with nature. Mindfulness at its best !
- A Mandala creating and drawing workshop with Ruth Clayton - Immerse yourself in the creation of a Mandala which is inspirational, therapeutic and stress reducing.
- Every guest will be offered a complimentary one to one crystal & Tibetan singing bowls sound healing session with the aim to reset the nervous system & slow down the production of stress hormones. The session lasts approximately one hour & is optional.
- For the more adventurous, there is the possibility of cold water dipping nearby which has a variety of health benefits, including boosting your immune system and jump starting your metabolism.
- On the last evening we will stargaze by the fire pit [weather permitting].
- Delicious wholesome plant based meals.
- Tea, biscuits & fruits are available throughout the day.
The chosen venue, St Marks Stays, a restored Victorian vicarage near Sedberg, will be the setting for this bespoke retreat of no more than 8 guests.
Yoga style • Vinyasa / Hatha / Restorative • To suit all levels • Group size: Maximum of 8 participants.
What’s Included • 4 nights accommodation • Nutritionally balanced plant based breakfast, lunch & dinner for the duration of the retreat • Tea, biscuits, snacks & fruits • 2 x daily yoga / meditation/ breath work sessions • 2 x Guided walks • 1 x Mandala drawing workshop • Cold water dipping • Private & bespoke sound healing session • Star gazing by the fire pit • Parking
What’s Not Included • Travel to and from St Marks Stays
What To Bring • Clothing and footwear suitable for outdoor walking in September.
- Day 1 - Monday 11th September - Check -in at 4pm - Welcome afternoon tea - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner.
- Day 2 - Tuesday 12th September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Free time - Lunch - Guided walk - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner.
- Day 3 - Wednesday 13th September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Free Time/ Cold water dipping - Lunch - Mandala creating & drawing workshop - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner.
- Day 4 - Thursday 14th September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Free time/ Cold water dipping - Lunch - Guided walk - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner - Star gazing by the fire pit (weather permitting).
- Day 5 - Friday 15th September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Check- out at 10.30am.
'Yoga is the technology of upgrading, activating and refining your inner energies for the ultimate possibilities'. Sadhguru.
Meet the team:
* Sadie Hawson will be your yoga teacher.
Sadie finds practicing Yoga brings joy to her body, mind and soul. She considers her daily practice to be a daily dance with herself. Sadie practiced dance until she was 18. She sees Yoga as similar to dance but with more layers to discover. It can be a gentle life long practice. She believes that a good Yoga practice listens and responds to the body’s needs.
Sadie studied initially with Terri Hilder and qualified with a British Wheel of Yoga Diploma in 2010. She has since studied with: Donna Farhi, Sarah Powers, the Satyananda School for Yoga Nidra and Gary Carter for Anatomy and Movement, to name a few. She has been delighted by Yin Yoga, found space within her breath through Vini yoga and has been fascinated by fascia. Sadie follows no particular school but guides her students according to their needs and abilities to allow yoga (the union of mind, body and spirit) to happen.
On this retreat we will work with the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether, reflecting on our connection to them within our ‘being’. We will use visualisations to connect us to our natural world. In such a beautiful place connecting with the elements and with the community of nature (which we are part of) will allow rejuvenation.
In Sadie's classes the pace of the class allows time for connection to mind, body, breath and our environment. Through her teaching she aims to encourage self-enquiry and self-motivation in her students. She allows students to work at their own pace allowing them to play with the balance between strength and flexibility, encouraging body awareness at all times. There is space for play and enjoyment in the class. Asana / postures are often repeated three times before holding. Flow sequences are also used for energy block releases.
* * Ruth Clayton will guide you through a Mandala designing and drawing workshop.
Ruth qualified as a Graphic Designer at Leeds Metropolitan University, specialising in illustration, in 1986. She then gained a teaching qualification at Manchester University.
Since then she has spent time as an Art teacher working in high schools and tertiary Colleges. Ruth ran the successful Art studio, ‘Wickerfish’ at Cedar Farm Galleries, Mawdesley in Lancashire for 12 years where she taught adults to paint and draw as well as displaying her own paintings to sell. She now shares a studio with her partner Stuart Gray at Farfield Mill in Sedbergh, Cumbria where they work and sell their paintings.
She mainly specialises in watercolour with the addition of gouache. Ruth likes to try and capture the energy of water in all its forms from crashing waves to babbling brooks and cascading waterfalls. She loves the way that water reflects the surrounding force of nature with all its colours and intricate patterns. She also loves to paint hedgerows and undergrowth and uses many techniques to achieve the results she wants ranging from clingfilm to rice!!
Why a Mandala drawing workshop ?
Mandalas are an ancient art form that originated in Asia about two thousand years ago.
‘Mandala’ is, in fact, a Sanskrit word for ‘circle'.
Designing your own circular Mandala can be both inspirational and therapeutic, as well as being a valuable stress-reducing pastime.
Unlock your creativity and discover this mindful practice.
Ruth will provide the materials for you to start a small Mandala using watercolour and pen.
She will demonstrate the process and start the activity with a short, guided meditation. She suggests working in silence as this quiet creativity can help you delve deeper into your inner thoughts and, being similar to a meditation, can help you to discover far more about your true self.
* * * Florence Achery will be your hostess and holding space for the duration of the retreat.
Florence is a sound healer from London. She graduated from the College Of Sound Healing and works with 432hz crystal singing bowls and Tibetan singing bowls.
Sound healing is incredibly powerful. It enables you to fully switch off and let go of the “monkey chatter“. It is known to help with anxiety, insomnia, stress and can rebalance the nervous system and heal on a deep cellular level.
Partner Charity: H.A.D.A - Home & Away Dog Aid
£25 from every booking will be donated to H.A.D.A, helping towards their spay/ neuter programme of Turkish street dogs.
Check out their amazing achievements and join their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135660537158100/about
• Single room with en-suite bathroom, £625 per person - Double bed.
• Shared room with en-suite bathroom, £499 per person/ £998 per couple - King size bed or twin beds available.
Book your place with £100 deposit [non-refundable] - Balance due by September 11th 2023.
Once your deposit has been paid, Florence will get in touch to confirm the number of travellers.
You also have the option of paying in full if you wish.
To take advantage of paying in stages, please WhatsApp, call or email.
If you have any questions or to book your place by bank transfer, please reach out to Florence:
- WhatsApp/ call/ text: +447517702266
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A small non-refundable deposit - between 15% and 25% of the retreat price, depending on retreat - is required to book your place.
The balance will be due 4 weeks before the start of the retreat.
Cumbria September 11 to 15
From £100.00 to £998.00
From £100.00 to £998.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal
Deposit- Balance due in August