Fri, 01 Mar|
Eden Rise, Totnes
Retreat like it's 1999 ! 4 Day Digital Detox Retreat in Devon.
4 Day yoga, meditation, sound bath, vision board workshop, labyrinth walking, fire ceremony, reading, digital detox weekend retreat - Unplugged yet connected !
Time & Location
01 Mar 2024, 17:00 – 04 Mar 2024, 12:00
Eden Rise, Totnes, Sandwell Barns, Totnes TQ9 7LJ, UK
About the Event
Join us for a tech free weekend.
Take a much needed break from endless scrolling, social media anxiety and decreasing attention span.
Unplug and use this time to connect with fellow retreaters or re-connect with yourself.
Experience connecting with strangers in real life, rather than over a screen, share stories, laugh, cry, put the world to right, learn something new or remove yourself from the chatter, find a cozy nook or a seat in the garden in the spring sunshine, and explore your feelings.
Maybe you are searching for answers to a current conundrum ?
Why not bring a book you have always wanted to read or one that you never managed to finish ?
Maybe revisit a childhood favourite ?
Being disconnected from technology will allow you to be fully immersed in the healing power of reading. Guilt free !
This retreat will aim to feed body and soul....
This is a digital detox and we would appreciate for you to lock away your devices.
You will be given a phone number to pass on to your loved ones in case you need to be contacted urgently.
We will also give you a disposable camera so that you do not miss out on taking pictures of memorable moments.
You will enjoy:
- 2 daily sessions of yoga, breath work and meditation with Rosie Robinson.
- A vision board workshop with Florence Achery.
A picture is worth a thousand words ! Visualise your dreams & goals to inspire & motivate you.
- A crystal and Tibetan singing bowls sound bath, aiming to reset the nervous system and slow down the production of stress hormones.
- A labyrinth walking session - Eden Rise has its own outdoors labyrinth, perfect for a walking meditation and contemplation.
- A fire ceremony - On the last evening, around the fire pit, hot chocolate in hand, we will release anything that doesn't serve us anymore.
Let the flames take away our negative patterns and fears. Weather permitting.
- Many talking circles where you can share how you feel, seek advice, discuss the book you are reading or just listen.
- Delicious wholesome plant based meals.
- Tea, biscuits & fruits are available throughout the day.
- For the more adventurous, there is the possibility of cold water swimming in the nearby Harbourne river, which has a variety of health benefits, including boosting your immune system and jump starting your metabolism.
- Beautiful walks to explore the stunning countryside on our doorstep that will allow you to reconnect with nature.
All activities are optional - This is your retreat and you can participate as much or as little as you wish.
All outdoors activities are weather permitting.
The chosen venue, Eden Rise, is based in the beautiful Devon countryside, a short walk from the Harbourne river.
The property is near Totnes and offers 2 lovingly converted 200 year old barns that include a spacious kitchen and dining area, a large yoga studio as well as various outdoor spaces.
All bathrooms are shared. There are 5 bathrooms to be shared between a maximum of 8 guests.
Free parking available.
Yoga style • Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin Yoga. • To suit all levels • Group size: Maximum of 8 participants.
What’s Included • 3 nights accommodation • Nutritionally balanced plant based breakfast, lunch & dinner for the duration of the retreat • Tea, biscuits, snacks & fruits • 2 x daily yoga / meditation/ breath work sessions • Sound bath • Vision board workshop • Use of Sauna • Fire ceremony • Talking circle • Parking
What’s Not Included • Travel to and from Eden Rise - Totnes
What To Bring • Clothing and footwear suitable for outdoor walking in March.
- Day 1 - Friday 1 March - Check-in from 5pm • Welcome tea & biscuits • Yoga • Dinner • Talking circle
- Day 2 - Saturday 2 March - Yoga • Breakfast • Free time for reading/ walks/ river swim/ Sauna • Lunch • Labyrinth walking session • Free time for reading/ walks/ river swim • Yoga • Dinner • Sound bath
- Day 3 - Sunday 3 March - Yoga • Breakfast • Vision board workshop • Lunch • Free time for reading/ walks/ river swim • Yoga • Dinner • Talking circle/ fire ceremony/ star gazing by the fire pit.
- Day 4 - Monday 4 March - Yoga • Breakfast • Free time/ Talking circle • Check out at 12pm.
'Yoga is the technology of upgrading, activating and refining your inner energies for the ultimate possibilities'. Sadhguru.
Meet the team:
* Florence Achery will be your hostess and will hold space.
She will guide you through the vision board workshop and the Labyrinth walking session.
She will also hold a sound bath on the last evening.
Florence is a sound healer from London. She graduated from the College Of Sound Healing and works with 432hz crystal singing bowls and Tibetan singing bowls.
Sound healing is incredibly powerful. It enables you to fully switch off and let go of the “monkey chatter“. It is known to help with anxiety, insomnia, stress and can rebalance the nervous system and heal on a deep cellular level.
** Rosie Robinson will be your yoga instructor.
Rosie started taking her yoga practice seriously when she realised that it really helped with long term pain she suffered after a skiing accident.
She decided to train as an instructor on the island of Bali with Yoga gurus from Rishikesh, India.
Rosie is qualified to teach Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha and Yin Yoga as well as pranayama, breathing exercises, which are an integral part of all the classes.
Rosie also trained in fascial yoga and aims to one day specialise in yoga for pain management and Aromatherapy yoga as well.
She currently teaches at Exeter David Lloyd Club as well as Luna & Wolf yoga studio.
£25 from every booking will be donated to a chosen charity - Chosen charity to be confirmed.
• Single occupancy room with small double bed, £599.
• Twin room with 2 single beds, £499 per person/ £998 for 2 people booking together.
• Twin room (female sharing), £499.
• Twin room (male sharing), £499.
Book your place with £100 deposit [non-refundable] - Balance due by 1 February 2024.
Once your deposit has been paid, Florence will get in touch to confirm your place.
You also have the option of paying in full if you wish.
To take advantage of paying in stages, please WhatsApp, call or email.
If you have any questions or to book your place by bank transfer, please reach out to Florence:
- WhatsApp/ call/ text: +447517702266
- Email: email@example.com
A non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to book your place.
The balance will be due 4 weeks before the start of the retreat.
We will send you a gentle reminder nearer the date.
Single room, double bed
Single room with small double bed. Shared bathrooms - Total cost £599 - £100 deposit to reserve your place. Balance due 1 February 2024.£100.00
Twin room (female sharing)
Share a room with another female. Shared bathrooms. Total cost £499 - £100 deposit to reserve your place. Balance due 1 February 2024.£100.00
Twin room with twin beds. 2 people booking together. Shared bathrooms. Total cost £998 for 2 people - £200 deposit to reserve your place. Balance due 1 February 2024.£200.00
Twin room (male sharing)
Share a room with another male. Shared bathrooms. Total cost £499 - £100 deposit to reserve your place. Balance due 1 February 2024.£100.00