Sat, 17 Sept|
Kitchen Joy Cookery School
Health & Wellbeing Day Retreat in London
Yoga, talks and interactive cooking for digestion and gut health. Improve your health from the inside out by learning about your digestive system.
Time & Location
17 Sept 2022, 09:15 – 16:00
Kitchen Joy Cookery School, 47 Prebend Gardens, Chiswick, London W6 0XT, UK
About the Event
Join us for a day of self care and learn about the importance of gut health. Learn to look after yourself inside and out.
* Struggling with digestive issues ?
* Struggling to lose weight ?
* Slow metabolism ?
* Do you suffer from a lack of energy or uncontrollable cravings ?
It is all related to your gut health.
Your gut is your second brain and your digestive system the root cause of many symptoms.
We will aim to nourish body and soul as well as offer inspiration and tools for you to create a more mindful and balanced way of feeding yourself moving forward.
- 9.15 am - Welcome ! - Immune shot.
- 9.30 am to 11 am - Outdoors Yoga and breath work with Karen Stone.
- 11 am - Light breakfast of tea, fruits, yoghurt, Vegan muffins...
- 11.30 am to 1 pm - Joy Philips will take you through an interactive cookery session and a nutritional talk on gut health and how to balance your body mentally and physically.
- 1 pm - Enjoy your freshly prepared lunch of Asian mixed grain bowl with Tahini dressing & pak choi, followed by a Vegan chocolate & orange mousse.
- 2pm - Nutritionist Nuria Rodriguez will present a lecture on the importance of having a balanced gut flora and how it can be achieved, including eating probiotic food, as well as a practical workshop demonstrating how to make your own simple probiotic foods.
- 3.30 pm to 4 pm - Tea & goodbyes !
- A goodie bag (worth over £20) inspired by the day will set you off on your journey to new health and self-care.
The price per place is £144 - Limited to 6 places.
To book your place, fees free:
With Paypal: email@example.com
Via Bank transfer: Sort code 30 - 94 - 57 / Account number 47195660 / Lloyds bank.
Please use reference 'September 17'.
Or through Eventbrite:
Yoga for digestion • To suit all levels • Group size: Maximum of 6 participants.
What to bring • Small blanket • A yoga mat • A journal/ notebook.
Notebooks will be available to purchase on the day in support of Malawi charity Kibébé
We will also have spare yoga mats for you to borrow if you cannot bring your own.
How to get here • Kitchen Joy Cookery School is a 5 minute walk from Stamford Brook tube station.
How to get in touch with Florence from Yoga Retreats and More • On WhatsApp - 075177022266
Meet the team •
Karen Stone is a qualified Yoga teacher with many years experience working in health clubs and holistic centres. She also teaches relaxation techniques through breath, movement and visualisation. Yoga is beneficial to the digestive system in many ways. In this session we will explore postures that help the digestive system to be more balanced and therefore more efficient. There is a direct connection between the gut and the brain which is referred to as the gut/brain axis. These two areas communicate through a system of nerves and bio chemical signals that travel in the blood. The gut can directly react to psychological and physical stresses which can result in stomach ache, changes in appetite and many other disturbances. Yoga reduces stress and increases movement in the digestive tract by massaging the digestive organs and improving the circulation. We will work on the postures that target the digestive system so there will be lots of twists. We will also work with the breath to stimulate digestion at the beginning and one that calms the body down at the end.
Joy Philips, founder of Kitchen Joy cookery school in South West London, offers cookery courses with a difference. Providing courses that combine experiential learning of culinary skills with a medicinal foundation to promote health and wellbeing. Focusing on learning to boost your immune system and energy levels, or which foods can nourish your body to good mood foods and cooking for healthy brain function. Joy will use nutritional pillars to inspire recipes, seasonal ingredients locally sourced and specifically selected to promote wellbeing.
More about Joy at Kitchen Joy Cookery School.
Nuria Rodriguez is a registered nutritional therapist and health coach based in London and practising woldwide online. Nuria passionately believes in the power of food and lifestyle to support health and well-being.
Her practice is based on the principles of Functional Nutrition which aim to address the root causes of the problems that may result from nutritional imbalances, instead of just the symptoms.
Nuria has worked with people with a wide range of health challenges including digestive problems, dysbiosis, energy issues, chronic conditions, hormone imbalance and weight management.
More about Nuria here Nuria Nutrition.
Partner Charity: Wild At Heart Foundation
£10 from every booking will be donated to the Wild At Heart Foundation, helping towards their amazing global efforts to reduce the population of stray dogs.
For more info: