Sun, 28 Nov|
Digital Detox Day Retreat - London Crystal Palace Park
Unplug to reconnect to your deeper self with a day of digital detox. Kundalini Yoga, walk, gratitude, visualisation, meditation, gong bath...
Time & Location
28 Nov 2021, 09:30 – 18:00
London, Crystal Palace Park, Thicket Rd, London SE20 8DS, UK
About the Event
Spending too much time in front of a screen ?
Zoom call after video call after zoom call ?
Checking your phone first thing in the morning & last thing at night ?
Step away from your digital devices and screens for a few hours - Rest your eyes & your mind - Enjoy some headspace on this mindfully crafted day retreat where you will be expected to switch off your phones.
We will aim to nourish body and soul as well as offer inspiration and tools for you to create a more mindful and balanced life for yourself, both online and off. Maybe feel less dependent on your screens once you get home !?
These are a few hours of 'you time'. This is all about you being number one in your own life.
The day will start at 9.30am with Kundalini Yoga and breath work to start letting go of the past week's worries.
There will be a light breakfast of tea, fruits, nuts and yoghurts before we get ready for some time outdoors. We will make the most of Crystal Palace Park and its vast expanse of parkland. We will walk some of the Paxton Heritage trail and discover London's largest maze, first opened in 1870.
We will enjoy a freshly prepared plant based lunch before spending the afternoon being positive.
We will concentrate on positivity and learn about the benefits of keeping a gratitude journal. Thinking about our individual wishes for the future we will make a vision board, cutting images from magazines to visually represent our goals.
Finally a session of meditation and a gong bath. Deeply relaxing and restoring, it is the perfect way to conclude a day without screens. No calls or scrolling someone else's life !
A last tea and biscuits before we part ways.
- 9.15am - Doors open - Welcome ! - Make yourself comfortable.
- 9.30am to 11am - Kundalini Yoga with Sita Ravi Kaur.
- 11am to 11.30am - Light breakfast of tea, fruits, yoghurt...
- 11.30 to 1pm - Connect with nature - Walk part of the Paxton Heritage Trail/ Visit the largest Maze in London.
- 1pm to 2pm - Plant based lunch - Connect with your fellow participants.
- 2pm to 3.30pm - Positivity - Let's concentrate on positive events in our lives - Learn about keeping a gratitude journal - Think about the future and make a vision board.
- 3.30pm to 5.30pm - Guided meditation/ Gong bath with Alicia Davies.
- 5.30pm to 6pm - Tea & biscuits - Goodbyes !
- And voila! Go home calmer & stronger - a clearer minded you !
The price per place is £89.
To book your place, fees free:
With Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Bank transfer: Sort code 30 - 94 - 57 / Account number 47195660 / Lloyds bank.
Please use reference 'November 28'.
Or through Eventbrite:
Yoga style • Kundalini • To suit all levels • Group size: Maximum of 12 participants.
What to bring • Yoga mat • Small blanket • Warm clothing and footwear suitable for outdoor walking in November • A journal/ notebook.
How to get here • Brown and Green Life is 5 minutes walk from Penge West Overground station - There is also free parking nearby.
Your instructors •
• Sita Ravi Kaur will be our yoga teacher. She has a vast knowledge of Kundalini yoga, a powerful ancient practice that can enable major shifts in your life.
• Alicia Davies will guide us through meditation. Passionate about sound healing, Alicia will use some of her wonderful gongs and sound bowls to relax. rejuvenate and sooth us.
Sound healing is known to help with anxiety, insomnia, stress and can rebalance the nervous system and heal on a deep cellular level.
Alicia has so much more to offer. Visit www.hushhour.net to find out more.
Partner Charity: Wild@Life
£10 from every booking will be donated to Wild@Life, helping towards their spay/ neuter programme of Turkish street dogs.
For more info: