Fri, 15 Sept|
St Marks Stays
4 Day Yoga, Meditation, Walks, Sound Bath & Star Gazing in Cumbria.
Be your special someone and treat yourself to some quality 'me time'. Enjoy some headspace & have a meaningful reset. Get ready to face the winter months !
Time & Location
15 Sept, 16:00 – 18 Sept, 10:30
St Marks Stays, Cautley, Sedbergh LA10 5LZ, UK
About the Event
This retreat is a chance for you to spend 4 days/ 3 nights in a nurturing environment among a very small group of like minded people - 8 guests maximum.
Why not treat yourself to a long weekend away from the noise and stress of your everyday life ?
We have created a perfect sanctuary where you will be able to switch off and look after yourself whilst we look after you.
As days get shorter and winter is fast approaching, Cumbria is the perfect setting to relax, nourish, energise & restore yourself.
This retreat is about you and aiming to feed body and soul....
You will enjoy:
- 2 daily sessions of yoga, breath work and meditation to help you quieten the mind.
- Beautiful walks to explore the stunning Cumbrian countryside on our doorstep that will allow you to reconnect with nature. Mindfulness at its best !
- For the more adventurous, there is the possibility of cold water dipping nearby which has a variety of health benefits, including boosting your immune system and jump starting your metabolism.
- A crystal and Tibetan singing bowls sound bath, aiming to reset the nervous system and slow down the production of stress hormones.
- On the last evening we will stargaze by the fire pit [weather permitting].
- Delicious wholesome plant based meals.
- Tea, biscuits & fruits are available throughout the day.
The chosen venue, St Marks Stays, a restored Victorian vicarage near Sedberg, will be the setting for this bespoke retreat of no more than 8 guests.
Prices as follow:
• Single room with en-suite bathroom, £469 per person.
• Shared room with en-suite bathroom, £379 per person/ £758 per couple - King size bed or twin beds available.
If you have any questions or to book your place, please reach out to Florence:
- WhatsApp/ call/ text: +447517702266
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga style • Vinyasa / Hatha / Restorative • To suit all levels • Group size: Maximum of 8 participants.
What’s Included • 3 nights accommodation • 2 daily yoga / meditation/ breath work sessions • 2 x guided walks • Sound bath • Nutritionally balanced plant based breakfast, lunch & dinner for the duration of the retreat • Tea, biscuits, snacks & fruits • Star gazing by the fire pit • Parking
What’s Not Included • Travel to and from St Marks Stays.
What To Bring • Clothing and footwear suitable for outdoor walking in September.
- Day 1 - Friday 15 September - Check -in at 4pm - Welcome afternoon tea - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner.
- Day 2 - Saturday 16 September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Free time - Lunch - Guided walk - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner.
- Day 3 - Sunday 17 September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Free time/ Cold water dipping - Lunch - Guided walk - Late afternoon yoga - Dinner - Crystal & Tibetan bowls sound bath - Star gazing by the fire pit.
- Day 4 - Monday 18 September - Morning yoga - Breakfast - Check- out at 10.30 am.
'Yoga is the technology of upgrading, activating and refining your inner energies for the ultimate possibilities'. Sadhguru.
* Sadie Hawson will be your yoga teacher.
Sadie finds practicing Yoga brings joy to her body, mind and soul. She considers her daily practice to be a daily dance with herself. Sadie practiced dance until she was 18. She sees Yoga as similar to dance but with more layers to discover. It can be a gentle life long practice. She believes that a good Yoga practice listens and responds to the body’s needs.
Sadie studied initially with Terri Hilder and qualified with a British Wheel of Yoga Diploma in 2010. She has since studied with: Donna Farhi, Sarah Powers, the Satyananda School for Yoga Nidra and Gary Carter for Anatomy and Movement, to name a few. She has been delighted by Yin Yoga, found space within her breath through Vini yoga and has been fascinated by fascia. Sadie follows no particular school but guides her students according to their needs and abilities to allow yoga (the union of mind, body and spirit) to happen.
On this retreat we will work with the elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Ether, reflecting on our connection to them within our ‘being’. We will use visualisations to connect us to our natural world. In such a beautiful place connecting with the elements and with the community of nature (which we are part of) will allow rejuvenation.
In Sadie's classes the pace of the class allows time for connection to mind, body, breath and our environment. Through her teaching she aims to encourage self-enquiry and self-motivation in her students. She allows students to work at their own pace allowing them to play with the balance between strength and flexibility, encouraging body awareness at all times. There is space for play and enjoyment in the class. Asana / postures are often repeated three times before holding. Flow sequences are also used for energy block releases.
** Florence Achery will be your hostess and holding space.
Florence is a sound healer from London.
She graduated from The College Of Sound Healing and is an accredited member.
She works with 432hz crystal singing bowls and Tibetan singing bowls.
Sound healing is incredibly powerful. It enables you to fully switch off and let go of the “monkey chatter“. It is known to help with anxiety, insomnia, stress and can rebalance the nervous system and heal on a deep cellular level.
Partner Charity: H.A.D.A - Home & Away Dog Aid
£25 from every booking will be donated to H.A.D.A, helping towards their spay/ neuter programme of Turkish street dogs.
Check out their amazing achievements and join their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135660537158100/about